We hope our website will provide you with the information you need.
If you have any questions please contact us for more information.
UPDATE - January 1, 2016
Councillor John Hendrickson has resigned.
Position will remain vacant until next election cycle.
UPDATE - March 1, 2015
The Village of Vanscoy has released a
Sewer Back-up Policy that you can view
by clicking HERE
Historical Facts and Figures
- Located SW ¼ Section 17 – 35 – 7
- Named after a family from Iowa – the VanScoys
- The Village was incorporated in 1918 with the
first Overseer being Ole Loraas
- Vanscoy Telephone Company was organized and
built in 1910
- Electricity came to the Village in 1930
- Natural Gas was installed in 1954 – population
- Population was increasing in 1972 – with 245
people, due to the development of two potash mines in the area
- Also in 1972, the water treatment plant was
installed with water being supplied by the Saskatchewan Water Board with 72
- With the development of another block of land,
population in 1977 was 330 with 120 water connections
- Streets were paved in 1979 at the cost of